Making college possible, one person at a time.
TheWashBoard.org is committed to increasing access to scholarships and financial aid for Washington students.
Launched in 2010, theWashBoard.org, a free, web-based scholarship matching clearinghouse for Washington
residents and students, serves as a simple and central scholarship search and application resource.
In Washington state, there is no central clearinghouse
for scholarship access and data collection. Nationally, approximately $100 million in private scholarship assistance fails to get
distributed annually1 and private scholarships reach only seven percent of undergraduate
TheWashBoard.org goals include:
- Increase access to scholarships for Washington students, with an emphasis on low-income and underserved students
- Increase awareness of financial aid and scholarship opportunities
- Improve efficiencies in private scholarship application process
- Improve availability of data on private scholarships
- Create a high-quality, trusted, centralized resource
1. Private Scholarships Count, Institute for Higher Education Policy, May 2005
2. Private Scholarships Count, Institute for Higher Education Policy, May 2005
Need Materials? Contact theWashBoard.org Customer Service at firstname.lastname@example.org
or 888-535-0747, option #8