This information is provided to assist you in preparing and posting a job announcement to WorkSource Washington at Go2WorkSource.com.|
Listing a job at WorkSource constitutes an acceptance of these terms, as well as those outlined in the
WorkSource Use Agreement. Jobs entered here are posted directly to WorkSource Washington at Go2WorkSource.com, and are available immediately for viewing on the Internet.
Job postings are reviewed by Go2WorkSource staff on a daily basis. Go2WorkSource staff may, with or without notice, remove a listing from the web site if it is determined to be in violation of these guidelines or any federal or state laws. Job listings will be removed from the web site if it is determined by Go2WorkSource staff that:
- The job seeker is charged an application or referral fee in order to be considered for employment (Note: Required costs for entering a profession, such as licenses or union dues that are a condition of employment, or the required use of personal property must be clearly stated on the job listing.)
- The job listing contains illegal, offensive, or unsuitable content.
- The job specifications are discriminatory on the basis of race, creed, color, sex, marital status, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, or physical, sensory, or mental disability, unless supported by a federal or state law or by a Bona Fide Occupational requirement.
- The job site is not within Washington state or the surrounding areas, including Alaska.
- The job listing is vague, redundant, out of date, or inappropriate for some other reason as determined by our staff or by complaints from users of the web site.
- The listing fails to comply with employment related laws.
- The listing is for recruitment into the Armed Services.
Go2WorkSource staff will also remove job listings from the site if the recruitment is for a position that is vacant because of a strike, employees have been locked out or when the filling of the job opening is otherwise an issue in a labor dispute involving a work stoppage.
Job listings that do not clearly indicate the name of the listing company will not be allowed. It is the employer's responsibility to provide contact information so that job seekers may apply for the job directly, and to abide by these guidelines as well as all applicable laws and regulations.
Job listings will be accepted only for job openings to be filled within the next 60 days, except for alien labor certification (guest workers under the H-2A & H-2B visas). Job listings will also only be accepted for openings within the State of Washington or the surrounding area including Alaska with an employer that: (a) currently has a work site location to which workers who are legally entitled to work in the United States may be referred for employment, and which proposes to employ a worker; and (b) has an employer relationship with respect to employees as indicated by the fact that the employer hires, fires, pays, supervises, and otherwise controls the work of the employee. For jobs in Washington State, employers must pay each employee who is age 18 or older at least the minimum hourly wage established under RCW 49.46.020 as calculated by the Department of Labor and Industries.
A private employment agency or other entity, including a union, that recruits and refers job-seekers to other employers may post job openings as long as the job listing states: "This position is listed by a private employment agency. The agency is not the legal employer; it is recruiting for the actual legal employer. No fee will be charged to the job applicant." Or "This position is listed by a union, not the legal employer. No fee will be charged to the job applicant."
State, county, city and similar civil service opportunities can be listed on Go2WorkSource.com if the employing unit is reasonably certain of filling a bona fide job opening within the next 60 days. If a register is being created for an anticipated job opening, the job listing should clearly state that in the description section of the job listing.
Training or work experience opportunities must not be listed on Go2WorkSource.com. Registered Apprenticeships and Title V Older Worker Jobs are posted as jobs, not training.
Registered Apprenticeships: Registered Apprenticeship openings, recognized by the Washington State Apprenticeship and Training Council, are treated as job openings and can be listed on Go2WorkSource.com. When the final employer of a registered apprenticeship is not known at the time the opening is announced, the approved apprenticeship sponsor is identified as the employer on these job postings. Apprenticeship openings must be marked "This is a state-approved registered apprenticeship position."
Title V Older Worker Jobs: Jobs created under Title V of the Older Americans Act of 1965 are appropriate for listing on Go2WorkSource.com. Jobs created unde