Green jobs promote environmental protection and clean energy by:
Go to the O*NET online website for more information.
- Increasing energy efficiency.
- Producing renewable energy.
- Preventing and reducing environmental pollution.
- Providing mitigation or cleanup of environmental pollution.
For any green job you can find:
- Wages so you can compare pay to similar jobs.
- Current employment and projections, e.g. how many people are working in the occupation and whether it is expected to grow in the next two to 10 years.
- Skills, tasks and activities required for the occupation.
- Industries that have green jobs.
- Potential employers for the occupation.
- Location and contact information for potential employers.
“This workforce solution was funded by a grant awarded by the U.S. Department of Labor’s Employment and Training Administration. The solution was created by the grantee and does not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Labor. The Department of Labor makes no guarantees, warranties, or assur