What is an electronic signature account?
An Electronic Signature Account lets you sign and submit your electronic DMR from
your computer. Your electronic signature serves as your written signature.
I set up my Secure Access Washington (SAW) Account. Do I need to set up an Electronic
Signature account too?
Yes. An Electronic Signature Account is a separate and additional account from your
Secure Access Washington (SAW) account. It is still separate even if you use the
same user ID and password as in your SAW account. Your Secure Access Washington
account is a State account that allows you access into the Department of Ecology network
to view or submit data. An Electronic Signature Account is an additional account
obtained from the Department of Ecology’s Water Quality Program and it requires
additional steps to get.
Why do I need an electronic signature account?
Setting up your Electronic Signature Account assures the following:
- Helps you follow the law: Your Electronic Signature Account helps you follow
laws enforced by the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the
Washington State Department of Ecology Water Quality Program.
- Protects your identity: Your Electronic Signature Account helps establish
that you are indeed the signer.
- Protects your integrity: Your Electronic Signature Account insures that your
electronic DMR submittal has not been changed or tampered with since you last signed.
- Establishes your intent: When you set up your Electronic Signature Account,
you are making it clear you will be signing a legal document - your electronic DMR.
Who needs an electronic signature account?
The only users that need an electronic signature account are individuals that have
the legal authority, under the designation of their water quality permit, to sign
a discharge monitoring report and submit it to the Department of Ecology. In WQWebDMR,
this cooresponds to the Facility Coordinator and Facility Signer roles.
How do I get an electronic signature account?
If you are applying for a Facility Coordinator or Facility Signer role in WQWebDMR,
then just follow these instructions during your WQWebDMR account setup.
- Select a user name and password for your electronic signature account.
- Select and answer five security questions.
- Enter your name, email, and phone number to finish the electronic signature account
- To complete the electronic signature account creation, check your email for a message
sent from CROMERRUserNotification@DoNotReply.gov.
- Open the electronic signature agreement form (ESAF) attached to the email.
- Complete and mail in the electronic signature agreement form to the address specified
at the bottom of the form.
- Wait for your approval email.
- When you receive you approval email, click on the link in the email to activate