Publications Home

Form Summary

Our Ecology website has changed, which can cause broken links.
To report these, please contact us with the publication and broken link.


Application for Change/Transfer of Water Right

Form number Date Published Date Revised
ECY 040-1-97March 1999May 2020
VIEW NOW: Application for Change/Transfer of Water Right (Number of pages: 16) (Publication Size: 397KB)

Microsoft Word format (Publication Size: 176KB)

ECY 040-1-97A Guidance to Applicants for Change/Transfer of a Water Right
(57 pages) (2MB)

ECY 040-1-97B Supporting Document for Change to Water Right
(62 pages) (2MB)

Trouble viewing? Try these free options.
Description This application, guidance, and supporting document are for use when applying to change or transfer an existing water right.

The application form is available in PDF or Word.

The guidance document is intended for use in completing the application, and the application supporting document provides example tables, text, and maps. The examples are not from a single project or project type, so you should not expect your responses to mirror the examples. Instead your documents should reflect the individual aspects unique to your project, but provide the level of detail shown in the examples. Providing complete and thorough responses in your application will enable us to complete a more timely review.
REQUEST A COPY The mission of the Department of Ecology is to protect, preserve, and enhance Washington’s environment. To help us meet that goal, please consider the environment before you print or request a copy.

Accessibility Options
Persons with hearing loss can call 711 for Washington Relay Service
Persons with a speech disability can call 877-833-6341
Contact Water Resources Program at 360-407-6872 or
Keywords water right form, Water Resource form, change, transfer, Official Ecology Form
WEB PAGE Water Right Information

Application for a New Water Right

Assignment of Application or Permit to Appropriate or Store Water

Changing a Water Right Certificate, Permit, or Claim

Amended Claim for Water Right

Begin Construction Notice

Request for Existing Water Right Information

Changing or Transferring an Existing Water Right

Voluntary Abandonment of Water Right Claim

Voluntary Partial Abandonment of Water Right Claim