Rule Adoption Notice - Oil Spill Contingency Plan Rule (Obsolete)
|VIEW NOW:||This publication is not available on the Ecology website.|
|Description||Ecology amended the Oil Spill Contingency Planning rule (Chapter 173-182 WAC) to implement Chapter 122, 2011 Laws (E2SHB 1186). This rule making updates or amends the following:
• Updates state oil spill preparedness planning standards to incorporate best achievable protection and best available technology.
• Improves the state’s current vessels of opportunity system.
• Requires joint large-scale equipment deployment drills from tank vessels.
• Improves the state-required notification process to include potential spill threats as well as actual spills.
• Ammends contingency plan requirements for nonprofit “umbrella” organizations.
• Updates definitions.
• Makes other changes related to oil spill contingency and Ecology’s contingency plan review and approval process.
|REQUEST A COPY||
The mission of the Department of Ecology is to protect, preserve, and enhance Washington’s environment. To help us meet that goal, please consider the environment before you print or request a copy.
Persons with hearing loss can call 711 for Washington Relay Service
Persons with a speech disability can call 877-833-6341
|Contact||Spills Program Publications Coordinator at 360-407-7211 or firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Keywords||rule adoption notice, oil spill|
|WEB PAGE||Read this rule on the Code Reviser's website|
Copyright © Washington State Department of Ecology. See https://ecology.wa.gov/About-us/Accountability-transparency/Our-website/Copyright-information.