DRAFT Hanford Facility Dangerous Waste Permit (Site-Wide Permit)
Revision 9 - WA7890008967
Since the Hanford Site-wide Permit, Revision 9 renewal is taking longer than originally anticipated, some of the points of contact identified in the unit group webpages have changed. If you have questions about the Hanford Site-wide Permit, Revision 9 or individual unit groups within the renewal, please contact the Ecology office at (509)372-7950.
Ecology received more than 4,000 comments on the draft Hanford Dangerous Waste Permit during the comment period held from May 1 to October 22, 2012. This includes about 1,800 comments from the public and 3,000 from the U.S. Department of Energy.
Because information and arguments brought up during the first comment period raised substantial new questions, Ecology will reopen the comment period for the permit. We do not have a firm date set for the second round of public comments. We are currently:
- Reviewing and evaluating each of the thousands of comments we received.
- Issuing guidance to the U.S. Department of Energy, so they may re-submit their permit application.
- Revising the permit based on significant information and issues that were raised.
Once we complete this work, we expect to:
- Reissue the permit with the revisions and responses to the original comments received.
- Reopen the comment period for the sections we changed.
- Address the next round of public comments.
- Issue the final permit.
Please send questions to Hanford@ecy.wa.gov or call 509-372-7950
- (1) Hanford Facility Agreement and Consent Order
- (6) Recordkeeping and Reports
- (2) Hanford Facility Permit Legal Description
- (7) Reserved
- (3) Security
- (8) Permit Unit History
- (4) Hanford Emergency Management Plan
- (9) Reserved
- (5) Hanford Facility Personnel Training Program
Part I and II - Permit Conditions
Part III - Operating Units
- Liquid Effluent Retention Facility (LERF) & 200 Area Effluent Treatment Facility (ETF)
- Integrated Disposal Facility (IDF)
- 242 - A- Evaporator
- Double Shell Tank System & 204-AR
- 325 Hazardous Waste Treatment Units
- Waste Encapsulating Storage Facility (WESF)
- Central Waste Complex
- 331-C Storage Unit
- Waste Receiving and Processing Facility (WRAP)
- 400 Area Waste Management Unit
- 222-S Dangerous & Mixed Waste
- Low-Level Burial Grounds Trench 31 & 34
- T-Plant Complex
- Low-Level Burial Grounds Trench 94
- Waste Treatment and Immobilization Plant
Part IV - Corrective Action
Part V - Closure Units
- 1301-N Liquid Waste Disposal Facility
- 1706-KE Waste Treatment System
- Single Shell Tank System
- Hexone Storage & Treatment Facility
- 600 Area Purgewater Storage & Treatment
- Nonradioactive Dangerous Waste Landfill (NRDWL)
- 207-A South Retention Basin
- 216-B-63 Trench
- 216-A-29 Ditch
- 216-B-3 Main Pond
- 216-A-36B Crib
- Grout Treatment Facility
- 216-A-37-1 Crib
- B Plant Complex
- 216-S-10-Pond & Ditch
- 241-CX Tank System
- Low-Level Burial Ground Closing Units (Green Islands)