Hanford Facility Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) Permit, Dangerous Waste Portion for the Treatment, Storage, and Disposal of Dangerous Waste
Issued in accordance with the applicable provisions of the Hazardous Waste Management Act, Chapter 70.105 Revised Code of Washington (RCW), and the regulations promulgated there under in Chapter 173‑303 Washington Administrative Code (WAC).
Common Name: The Hanford Site-Wide Permit Revision 8C
Permit Number: WA7890008967
Permit Modification Number: 8C.2021.Q2 as appended by 24590-BOF-PCN-ENV-21-001, NEC-CSA-2021-01, 24590-HLW-PCN-ENV-20-002, NEC-4A-2021-03, 24590-BOF-PCN-ENV-20-001, 24590-WTP-PCN-ENV-20-004, PCN-325-2021-01, PCN-HFSW-2021-02, PCN-4A-2021-03, PCN-WESF-2021-02, PCN-LERF-ETF-2021-03, 24590-BOF-PCN-ENV-20-002, 24590-WTP-PCN-ENV-20-003, PCN-IDF-2021-01, PCN-242-A-2021-02, 24590-LAW-PCN-ENV-20-004, 24590-LAB-PCN-ENV-20-001, 8C.2021.9F, 24590-HLW-PCN-ENV-20-0004, NEC-4A-2021-02, PCN-HFSW-2021-01, 8C.2021.7F, 8C.2021.5F and PCN-242-A-2021-03.
The Change Control Logs will serve as an up to date
record of modifications and version history of the permit. Change control logs for units are attached to the beginning of
their respective "Unit-Specific Conditions" file.
When appropriate, file specific change control logs
are attached at the beginning of their respective files.
Expiration Date: Expires when permit is reissued
- Attachment 1 - Hanford Facility Agreement and Consent Order
- Attachment 2 - Hanford Facility Permit Legal Description & Operating Boundary
- Attachment 3 - Security
- Attachment 4 - Hanford Emergency Management Plan
- Attachment 4A - Building Emergency Directors/Building Wardens
- Attachment 5 - Hanford Facility Personnel Training Program
- Attachment 6 - Reports and Records
- Attachment 7 - Policy on Remediation of Existing Wells and Acceptance Criteria for RCRA and CERCLA
- Attachment 8 - Inspection and Training Plan for Groundwater Monitoring Wells
- Attachment 9 - Permit Applicability Matrix
- Attachment 10 - Strategy for Handling and Disposing of Purgewater at the Hanford Site (July 1990)
Part I and IIPart I Standard and Part II General Facility Conditions
Part III Unit-Specific Conditions for Final Status Operations
- Low-Activity Waste Pretreatment System (OUG-1)
- Liquid Effluent Retention Facility and 200 Area Effluent Treatment Facility (OUG 3)
- 242-A Evaporator (OUG 4)
- 325 Hazardous Waste Treatment Units (OUG 5)
- Waste Treatment and Immobilization Plant (OUG 10)
- Integrated Disposal Facility (OUG 11)
- Waste Encapsulation and Storage Facility (OUG 14)
- 400 Area Waste Management Unit (OUG 16)
- Capsule Interim Storage (OUG-19)
Part IV Unit Specific Conditions for Corrective Action100-NR-1 (CAU 1)
Part V Unit-Specific Conditions for Units Undergoing Closure
- Waste Encapsulation and Storage Facility, Hot Cells A through F (CUG 6)
- PUREX Storage Tunnels (CUG 25)
- PUREX Tanks TK-P4 and TK-40 (CUG 33)
Part VI Unit-Specific Conditions for Units in Post-Closure
For more information about Revision 8C, please contact Debra Alexander, Revision 8C Permit Coordinator, (509) 372-7950.