To qualify as a certified court Intermediary interpreter, you must complete the following requirements:
- The applicant must hold a current certified deaf interpreter (CDI) certification from the Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf;
- You must undergo a DSHS criminal background conducted by DSHS.
- You must complete the Washington courts training provided by ODHH.
- You must take an oath of interpreter, as administered by the Washington courts.
- You must register online with ODHH annually by July 1.