Post an Event
In response to public comments and requests, ODHH offers a centralized statewide calendar of community events as a public service. For questions about the events itself, please contact and communicate with the organization’s contact person directly, not ODHH.
The following are criteria for events:
- Events must be intended for people who are deaf, hard of hearing or deaf-blind, their families and professionals serving them.
- Events must provide reasonable accommodations as appropriate.
- Events must not be about selling products or services.
- Events must occur in the State of Washington or across the state border e.g. Portland, Oregon.
- Events Include:
- Social Events
- Sports, Recreational or Entertainment Events
- Membership Meetings
- Public Meetings
Government agencies, service providers, nonprofits, and state/local associations or chapters may submit requests to post events. ODHH reserves the right to deny submissions. ODHH may remove submissions when the events expired.
Submitting a request to post an event must adhere to the following requirements:
- Event flyers or other promotional materials must be emailed to email@example.com.
- Submissions may include a link to a page hosted elsewhere.
- Submissions must not contain offensive or discriminative material.
- Submissions must provide complete and accurate essential information; including date, time, and location of the event.
- Submissions must concern events which meet the criteria for acceptable events.
- Submissions must contain contact information so people having questins about the event can contact the organization directly.
Complete the online form below:
- Complete the online form
- ODHH will review and approve or deny the request. Please allow 3 business days.
- ODHH will post the approved event or reject the event at its sole discretion.
While the Office of Deaf and Hard of Hearing strives to provide helpful and accurate information about community events, it makes no claims, promises, or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information provided at the events listed. ODHH is not associated in any way with these events and expressly disclaims any liability for the actions or negligence of the event organizers or their employees. ODHH reserves the right to reject any request to post an event at its sole discretion.