Help Center
You can use the features of this site by clicking on the appropriate tab in the menu above.


Expand All Collapse All

What do I do if I have forgotten my password?

Request a new password by clicking on the "Forgot Password" text on the Login page.

Enter your email address and click on the Reset Password button.

Check your email for notification of your new temporary password.

Sign in using the temporary password, then change your password to something you will easily remember.

Why can't I access the search page?

Only authorized users may use this website to look for a client record.

Request access by clicking to the Contact Us tab above.

How many clients can I search for with a single request?

Users are allowed up to ten entries per search.

Why is the search response limited to only a yes or no answer?

Federal and state laws require that DSHS protect the privacy of clients by limiting the amount of information disclosed to only what you need to do this work.

Whom do I call if I have problems using the site during DSHS non-business hours?

DSHS does not have the staff or resources to provide 24-hour support to this website at this time.

Please use the "Contact Us" tab above to send us an email. Include details about the issue and we will get back to you on our next business day.

What are the best computer settings for viewing the EMD on-line?

Setting your computer/monitor to display at a resolution of at least 800 x 600 will give the best page view. Click here for more details.

How do I request authorization to access this site?

Authorization for access to this website depends upon your data share agreement with the Economic Services Administration.

If your facility has an agreement in place, you can get access by contacting Shane Riddle at 360-725-4352 during normal DSHS business hours.

You can also request access via email by selecting the “Contact Us” tab at the top of this page.

How do I change my password?

Click on the "Change Password" text displayed on the Login page and follow the steps.

How do I become a registered user?

If your facility is an authorized user, send a request to Shane Riddle at 360-725-4352 or email to DSHS will work with you to issue a vendor number which, in addition to your user ID will allow you to complete the self-registration process on the home page of this website.

What do I do if my user information changes?

Please report any name and email address changes to Shane Riddle at 360-725-4352 during DSHS business hours or via email at

We will update your records to allow continued access.

What does NF mean?

A "NF" response in any column indicates that no matching record was found for the search criteria entered.

You may want to double check your query to make sure you have no errors in your entry.

What does N mean?

An "N" in the Past field indicates that the client had no medical benefits in the five years preceding the incarceration date entered.

An "N" in the Current field indicates that the client currently has no medical benefits.