If you are no longer doing business and want to close your business,
you can close your account one of the following ways:
- Use My Account,
the fastest way to close your account.
- Complete the form below. It may take up to 5 business days if you use this form.
Please DO NOT use the form below if any of the following apply:
- Your business is still open and you want to close a business location only.
Please complete a Business Information Change Form.
- You want to cancel a trade name only. Please complete a
Business Information Change Form.
- You are dissolving a corporation registered to do business in Washington. You must contact
the Secretary of State before closing your account. You'll need to
provide them with a Revenue Clearance Certificate issued by the Department of Revenue.
- You are an out-of-state business with
and making retail sales in this state. If so,
you have a continuing sales tax collection obligation for four years after the calendar
year in which you stop doing business in Washington. Business and occupation tax applies
to sales in Washington up until the end of the calendar year after the calendar year in
which you stop doing business in Washington. For more information, see our Special Notice
on Trailing Nexus.