If you are no longer doing business and want to close your business,
you can close your account one of the following ways:
- Use My Account,
the fastest way to close your account.
- Complete the form below. It may take up to 5 business days if you use this form.
Please DO NOT use the form below if any of the following apply:
- Your business is still open and you want to close a business location only.
Please complete a Business Information Change Form.
- You want to cancel a trade name only. Please complete a
Business Information Change Form.
- You are dissolving a corporation registered to do business in Washington. You must contact
the Secretary of State before closing your account. You'll need to
provide them with a Revenue Clearance Certificate issued by the Department of Revenue.
- You are an out-of-state business with
and making retail sales in this state. If so, you have a continuing sales tax collection obligation
and you owe Retailing business and occupation (B&O) tax for the remainder of the calendar year (in
which the in-state physical presence ceased) and for the following calendar year. For more information,
see our Special Notice on