Replace driver license or ID card

Replace your

Driver license or ID

What you'll need

  • Your Social Security number - last 4 digits
  • Visa, Mastercard, or American Express
  • Email address and/or printer

Note: Your temporary won't include your photo and can't be used for identification.

Should I get a replacement or renew?

If your card expires within 90 days, then you should renew. (Permits can't be renewed.)

Who can get a replacement online?

You can, if you:

  • Are 18 or older.
  • Live in Washington.
  • Don't have a CDL endorsement.

When will I get my replacement?

You should get it in 2-4 weeks. If you don't get it within 30 days, please call us: 360-902-3900 or email

Login to License eXpress

Copyright © 2018 DOL