Uniform Commercial Code

What's needed to file an Initial Financing Statement

Before you begin this process you should have a basic understanding of Washington State's UCC laws and rules. The administrative rules (WAC) are your guide on how to file and search in this office.

To file an Initial UCC Financing Statement or lien, you should know:

  • The appropriate office in which to file. Review RCW 62A.9A-501
  • The debtor(s) exact legal name and mailing address
  • The debtor's organizational information if the debtor is not an individual: type, jurisdiction under whose law the organization is organized, and ID number. You may do an Online Corporation Lookup for this information. The UBI number is the Organizational ID number
  • The name(s) and mailing addresses of all secured parties and assignees
  • A description of the collateral or a PDF file to attach
  • The name and address your credit card bill is sent to if you are paying by credit card

Notice: Filed records and ALL information in them are permanent public records available for public viewing and purchase. Please do not file Social Security Numbers, birth certificates, bank or credit card numbers, or other sensitive information.

Provide feedback on this information

Did this article help you?

In addition, you may provide comments in the field below.

Note: Comments and questions will not be replied to. We will use them to help improve the system.

Login to License eXpress

Copyright © 2018 DOL