This class is a recertification of Firearms Handgun Instructor Level 1 Course #2011 and is 24 hours in length and should be attended within 3 years of last certification. This course will provide the current firearms instructor with the contemporary techniques and theories. In addition this course will provide a review of federal and state laws and contemporary legal standards relating to the use of deadly force.
- Review of State & Federal Laws concerning use of Deadly Force.
- Handgun Instructor Manual Review.
- Review “Depressed Muzzle” philosophy.
- Review Handgun Manipulation Techniques.
- ACMLP Application
- Handgun Marksmanship Qualification.
- Current marksmanship and combat shooting techniques.
- Aiming principles to include red dot sight discussion and application.
- Department approved handgun w/ three magazines.
- Duty belt with agency approved holster and magazine pouches.
- Duty flashlight w/backup light recommended.
- Eye protection and ear protection.
- BDU Type pants w/cargo pockets.
- Body armor will be worn while on range.
- Laptop and Flash drive
- Handgun - 1,200 rounds of handgun ammunition, 25 inert training rounds, (dummy rounds).
- Students are responsible for the content of the Sport Skill Instruction for Coaches book. A review of the book based on the Level 1 handout will be conducted over the three days:
- Students are required to have access to a copy of the manual that they received in Level 1.
Dress Code & Identification:
- Students attending should wear range appropriate clothing. Come prepared for all weather conditions. They should possess agency identification.
- Deadline: If, for any reason, it becomes necessary to cancel the application, you must notify the Registrar via email
7 Days prior to class.
- No shows without prior cancellation will be charged the entire course fee.
- Instructor reserve the right to send any student home for safety violations. Course fee will be charged.
- Three days (see dates below)
- 8:00 am-5:00 pm
***Is this class full or not available???? Please complete the Course Interest Survey.
Please Note: This is not a waiting list. You will not be contacted by WSCJTC unless there is enough interest to generate a class being scheduled. At that time we will contact everyone that has shown interest so that applications can be submitted.
How To Apply:
Course, and Registration Questions:
Online Registration-LMS (Only agency authorized personnel can access this tool. Contact your Training Manager on your local procedures).
LMS Help Desk |
Sacheie Coaxum |
Program, or Policy Questions:
Doug Tangen |
Revised January 2019
||Start & End Date
||June 24 -28, 2019
||Okanogan Central Landfill
247 B and O North RD
Okanogan WA 98840
|Cancelled / $300
Cancelled due to low enrollment 5/8/19
||July 15 -17, 2019
||Bremerton Police Department
1025 Burrell St
Bremerton WA 98337
|Open / $300
||Sep 30 -Oct 02, 2019
3230 Twin Bridges Rd.
Richland WA 99354
|Open / $300