The CJTC Handgun Red Dot Sight Instructor is a 16 hour course. The course is designed to bring current firearms instructors up to date on the fundamentals of teaching and integrating handgun Red Dot Sights (RDS) into their training curriculum or agency program.
Due to the advancing technology of the RDS the trend for duty use is increasing at a rapid pace. To meet this challenge and stay relevant with emerging tools and tactics we will cover the technology, concepts, principles and training methodologies to prepare instructors to teach the RDS platform to experienced or novice shooters.
REQUIRED equipment for EACH student
- Duty handgun equipped with RDS AND iron sights. RDS capable holster on patrol duty belt with a minimum of 3 magazines.
- Inert training pistol to fit your duty holster (red or blue gun)
- Eye protection (including clear glasses for night firing)
- Hearing protection – electronic headphones and earplugs
- Review and be ready to discuss your agency’s RDS related policy if one exists.
- Weapon cleaning equipment
- Body armor
- Baseball hat
- USB flash drive
REQUIRED ammunition: 750 rounds primary handgun (clean fire required in Burien)
Pre-Course Requirements: Current CJTC Level 1 Handgun Instructor certification.
Dress Code & Identification:
- Suitable range attire for location of course.
- Visitors attending training at WSCJTC are encouraged to wear their agency logo shirt/uniform or agency ID badge while on campus. If you are not wearing agency identification, you will be asked to check in at the front desk and will be provided with a clip-on visitor's identification card.
Cost: $200 Applicants agency provides ammunition.
Recertification: Optics review/update will be merged into Level One Instructor Recertification Course #2015.
- Cancellation Deadline: 7 Days prior to the first day of class. Send cancellations to
- FEE: $200 for “No Shows”, or late cancellations.
Schedule: Two days. 0800 to 1700 each day. Day one may include evening session for low light application.
Burien classes may be evening depending on range availability.
***Is this class full or not available???? Please complete the Course Interest Survey. Please Note: This is not a waiting list. You will not be contacted by WSCJTC unless there is enough interest to generate a class being scheduled. At that time we will contact everyone that has shown interest so that applications can be submitted.
How To Apply:
Course, and Registration Questions:
Online Registration-LMS (Only agency authorized personnel can access this tool. Contact your Training Manager on your local procedures).
LMS Help Desk |
Sacheie Coaxum |
Program, or Policy Questions:
Doug Tangen |
||Start & End Date
||August 20 -21, 2019
||Spokane Police Training Center
2302 N Waterworks
Spokane WA 99201
|Open / $200
||September 11 -12, 2019
19010 1st Ave S, Room E155
Burien WA 98148
|Open / $200