This class is 24 hours in length. It provides updates essential to the experienced civil employee. The class will emphasize student participation and problem solving approaches. Course content:
- Recent issues and lessons learned in the civil field
- Habeus Corpus
- Legal Update
- Service of Process
- Personal Property
- Real Property
- Questions & Answers/ Round Table Discussions
- Problem Solving
Instructors: A cadre of experts with extensive experience in civil issues
Pre-Requisite: Sheriff's Civil Function, Basic, Course 0610
Dress Code & Identification:
- Visitors attending training at WSCJTC are encouraged to wear their agency logo shirt/uniform or agency ID badge while on campus. If you are not wearing agency identification, you will be asked to check in at the front desk and will be provided with a clip-on visitor's identification card.
- Deadline: If, for any reason, it becomes necessary to cancel the application, you must notify the Registrar via email
7 Days prior to class.
- Fee: $50 or course fee, whichever is greater.
- Monday 0900-1700
- Tuesday-Wednesday 0830-1700
- Dates and location listed below
***Is this class full or not available???? Please complete the Course Interest Survey. Please Note: This is not a waiting list. You will not be contacted by WSCJTC unless there is enough interest to generate a class being scheduled. At that time we will contact everyone that has shown interest so that applications can be submitted.
Revised Feb 2015