This class is 28 hours in length. Course content:
- Sheriff's History
- Duties and Responsibilities
- Service of Process, Statutes, Fees and Terms, Legal Issues
- DV "Front Office Papers"
- Domestic Violence Legal Issues
- Habeas Corpus
- Personal Property, Attachment, Replevins, Bonds
- Personal Property Executions
- Real Property
- Officer Safety and Domestic Violence
Instructors: A cadre of experts with expansive experience in civil issues
Target Audience: Employed with a Sheriff's Office
Dress Code & Identification:
- Uniforms, agency logo clothing or business casual attire is appropriate for classroom wear.
- Visible Agency official ID is recommended (badges / agency IDs) while on campus.
- Deadline: If, for any reason, it becomes necessary to cancel the application, you must notify the Registrar via email
7 Days prior to class.
- Fee: $50 or course fee, whichever is greater.
- 8:00 am-5:00 pm
- Dates and locations listed below
***Is this class full or not available???? Please complete the Course Interest Survey. Please Note: This is not a waiting list. You will not be contacted by WSCJTC unless there is enough interest to generate a class being scheduled. At that time we will contact everyone that has shown interest so that applications can be submitted.
WSCJTC Application Form (Word)
WSCJTC Application Form (PDF)