This course is 60 hours in length. Students will receive instruction in the proper techniques for the use, function capabilities and deployment of a scoped precision bolt action rifle. Upon completion, participants will be able to:
- Pass a written test with 80% or better
- Pass qualification with 90% or better
- Properly clean & maintain a scoped, precision bolt action rifle
- Acquire ballistic data for 100, 200 & 300 yards
- Utilize field craft techniques required to deploy in a variety of conditions and environments
Mandatory equipment for each student to bring to class:
• Bolt Action or Semi-Auto Rifle - minimum .308 caliber. Rifle will have a trigger pull of no less than 3lbs. Rifle will be capable of firing a 4-shot group measuring 1" or less at 100 yds.
• A scope with finger adjustable turrets for windage and elevation. Scope must have sufficient elevation "come-up" to engage 300 yard targets, (600 yards preferred).
• A bipod that is adjustable for height. (Capable of swiveling side to side for uneven ground is recommended).
• 500 Rounds of Match Grade ammunition. (Reloads are not recommended).
• Pad or Ground Cover to insulate the shooter from the ground.
• Rear Bag or Rest for supporting rifle.
• Hearing and Eye Protection.
• Cleaning supplies to include single piece cleaning rod.
• Gas Mask – (shooting w/ mask only-no chemical munitions will be used during this course)
• Camouflage clothing, face paint and material for field craft exercises.
• Appropriate clothing for outdoor tactical training.
• Means of hydration.
• Backpack or rucksack for field craft exercises.
• Material to record notes and DATA in the field
100% attendance is required. The student will be required to pass a written test with a minimum score of 80%, and a shooting qualification course with a minimum score of 90%. Certificates of completion will be awarded to those attendees who successfully complete the course in its entirety.
Prerequisite: SWAT Basic Course 0510 or by permission by the Program Manager, Mike O'Neill at
Dress Code & Identification:
- Uniforms, agency logo clothing or business casual attire is appropriate for classroom wear.
- Visible Agency official ID is recommended (badges / agency IDs) while on campus.
Cost: $500.00 for Criminal Justice Personnel.
- Deadline: If, for any reason, it becomes necessary to cancel the application, you must notify the registrar via email