This course is 45 hours in length and is intended for law enforcement officers who are currently assigned or being assigned to a SWAT Team.
- SWAT Basic Course 0510 or by permission of the Firearms Program Manager, Mike O’Neill at
. If completed SWAT Basic with any other agency than CJTC, you will need to submit a completion certificate with application.
Upon successful completion students will:
- Demonstrate proficiency with a precision rifle.
- Handle and deploy with a precision rifle consistent with the safety protocol and the best practices and procedures for a police sniper.
- Employ the introduced tactics as a part of a SWAT Team.
- 100% attendance is required.
- 90% or better on the rifle qualification.
- 80% or better on the written test.
- Strict adherence to firearm safety rules and general handling practices.
(It is the prerogative of the lead instructor to remove a student from the course for flagrant or repeated minor violations of safety protocols. No certificate of attendance will be issued.)
Tuition, Lodging, and Meals:
- $600 for all course attendees.
Mandatory equipment for each student to bring to class:
- Bolt action or semi-auto rifle
- Minimum of .308 caliber
- Trigger pull of no less than 3 lbs.
- Capable of firing a 4 shot group measuring 1” or less at 100 yards
- Scope with finger adjustable turrets for windage and elevation.
- Bi-pod or pack for support
- 500 rounds of match grade ammunition (reloads are not acceptable)
- Pad or ground cover to insulate the shooter from the ground.
- Rear bag or rest for supporting the rifle
- Hearing and eye protection
- Rifle cleaning supplies including a single piece cleaning rod
- Gas mask
- Water bottle or pack for in-field hydration
- Pack for field-craft exercises
- Hide making material
- Deployment uniform to include…
- Weather appropriate clothing for outdoor tactical training
- Law enforcement identification
Cancellation / No Show:
- Questions regarding the course may be directed to Lt. Mike Bertucci at (253) 835-6765 or by email at
***Is this class full or not available???? Please complete the Course Interest Survey. Please Note: This is not a waiting list. You will not be contacted by WSCJTC unless there is enough interest to generate a class being scheduled. At that time we will contact everyone that has shown interest so that applications can be submitted.
How To Apply:
Online Registration-LMS (Only agency authorized personnel can access this tool. Contact your Training Manager on your local procedures).
LMS Help Desk |
Sacheie Coaxum |
Course, Program or Policy Questions:
Mike O’Neill |
Updated January 2017