This three day (30-hour) course is designed to provide law enforcement personnel with the knowledge and skills to effectively operate a rifle equipped with a telescopic sight. Students will receive instruction in the operation of the rifle scope and how to effectively deploy a rifle equipped with the telescopic sight under a variety of shooting conditions. Topics covered will include ballistics, environmental conditions, moving targets, and shooting from cover. The class requires 100% attendance. To successfully complete the course the student must pass both written and live fire practical examinations. This course is NOT intended as a replacement for the Sniper courses and does NOT require SWAT BASIC or assignment to a SWAT Team as a prerequisite.
- Bolt or semi-action service rifle. .223, 308, 30-06 calibers. Other Calibers by permission
- Variable power telescopic sight
- 400 rounds of match grade or duty ammunition - no reloads
- Bi-Pod & Sling
- Eye and Hearing Protection
- Rifle Cleaning equipment
- Shooting Pad or Ground Cover
- Appropriate clothing & equipment for outdoor training
- Spare rifle and optic
- Spotting scope w/tripod, or good 10x binoculars
Prerequisite: Handgun Level One #2011 and Patrol Rifle #2014
Dress Code & Identification:
- Uniforms, agency logo clothing or business casual attire is appropriate for classroom wear.
- Visible Agency official ID is recommended (badges / agency IDs) while on campus.
- Deadline: If, for any reason, it becomes necessary to cancel the application, you must notify the registrar via email
seven days prior to class.
- Non-cancelled "No-Shows" & failure pass to entrance qualification will be charged the course fee
***Is this class full or not available???? Please complete the Course Interest Survey. Please Note: This is not a waiting list. You will not be contacted by WSCJTC unless there is enough interest to generate a class being scheduled. At that time we will contact everyone that has shown interest so that applications can be submitted.