Description: The Advanced SWAT Course is directed toward the officers currently assigned to a specialized SWAT or emergency response team. This course focuses on the enhancement of basic skills and the development of competencies necessary to conduct specialized missions such as hostage rescues, vehicle assaults, high risk warrant service, and tubular assaults, which are not presented in the Basic SWAT Course. In additional this course will provide training and experience in developing both Operational Plans (Pre-Mission) and After Actions Reports (Post-Mission). Force on force scenarios are also utilized to enhance the training value of the course.
Organization: Classroom lecture & demonstrations are followed-up with practical field exercises. Students will be placed into teams for field exercises.
Dates: Presented 1X annually, generally in the summer.
Course Length: 40 Hours, 5 days.
- Must be a current member of SWAT team
- Must have attended the WSTOA/CJTC Basic SWAT or approved basic SWAT course. If completed SWAT Basic with any other agency than CJTC, you will need to submit a completion certificate with application.
- 3 years assigned to a SWAT team
- Possess fundamental knowledge and skill level with all assigned gear
Lead instructor: Sgt. Wayne DuBois – Richland Police Department / President WSTOA
Instructors: WSTOA SWAT Instructor Cadre
- Introduce students to resolution strategies for resolving hostage incidents and the service of high risk search warrant missions.
- Provide a thorough understanding of Team Structure & the responsibilities of each position within the Team during hostage rescue and warrant service missions.
- Provide a thorough understanding of Team Tactics during hostage rescue and warrant service missions.
- Expose students to various methods for dealing with vehicles during tactical incidents.
- Expose students to bus/linear assault tactics.
- Provide a thorough understanding of developing a proper Operational Plan & the necessity of after-action reviews.
- Search Warrant Planning & Execution
- Immediate Action Drills
- Bus Assaults
- Vehicle Assaults
- Breaching Techniques
- Hostage Rescue – Decision Making Process
- Hostage Rescue – Crisis Entries
- Hostage Rescue – Deliberate Entries
Grading: Students are evaluated during practical exercises.
Required Supplies: Mission deployment equipment;
- Entry Vest
- Tactical Uniform
- Rifle/SMG + (3) magazines, including Simunition® or UTM conversion kit.
- Handgun + (3) magazines, including Simunition® or UTM conversion kit.
- Eye and hearing protection
- Full face and neck protection for force-on-force drills
- APR (Gas Mask)
- 300 Rounds of FX Marking Cartridges
- Red/Blue long gun and pistol, not mandatory for training.
Rules of Conduct:
- 100% attendance required, (emergency situations will be reviewed on a case by case basis).
- Students may be immediately removed from this course for unsafe gun handling or negligent discharge of a firearm to include firearms converted to fire Simunition® FX or UTM Marking cartridges.
Dress Code & Identification:
Tactical uniform must be worn daily. Law Enforcement ID must be provided on day one of the course.
Cost: $500, Non-cancelled no-shows will be charged the full course fee.
***Is this class full or not available???? Please complete the Course Interest Survey. Please Note: This is not a waiting list. You will not be contacted by WSCJTC unless there is enough interest to generate a class being scheduled. At that time we will contact everyone that has shown interest so that applications can be submitted.
Revised April 2016
||Start & End Date
||July 18 -22, 2016
||Richland Police Department
871 George Washington Way, Richland
Richland WA 99352
|Open / $500