This class is 65 hours in length. Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to: Function as part of an entry team or containment team on special, high-risk assignments. Understand tactics, individual and team movements.
- At least one handgun
- At least one semi-automatic rifle (.223 or 9mm)
- Three magazines per attendee.
Ammunition per person:
- Handgun—500 rounds
- Intermediate rifle/sub gun—500 rounds
- Additional 3 magazines
***Please download and review: Preparing for the Washington State Criminal Justice Training Commission SWAT Physical Ability Test. Choose PDF or Microsoft Word format.
Unlike years past, students will be required to make their own accommodations.
- Member of SWAT Team
- Proficient operator with assigned intermediate rifle or (SMG) and handgun
- Applicants must possess a level of physical fitness which will allow them to fully, actively, & safely participate in this physically demanding course. It is stongly suggested that applicants meet or exceed the WASPC Physical Fitness Standards of:
- 35 pushups
- 35 situps
- 6 pull-ups
- 1.5 mile run in 12:30 or less
The WASPC Physical Fitness test will be administered to applicants as an assessment to determine their ability to fully and activiely participate.
Dress Code & Identification:
- Uniforms, agency logo clothing or business casual attire is appropriate for classroom wear.
- Visible Agency official ID is recommended (badges / agency IDs) while on campus.
Cost: $600, Non-cancelled no-shows OR students failing the PAT will be charged the full course fee.
***Is this class full or not available???? Please complete the Course Interest Survey. Please Note: This is not a waiting list. You will not be contacted by WSCJTC unless there is enough interest to generate a class being scheduled. At that time we will contact everyone that has shown interest so that applications can be submitted.
Download Firearms Application
Submit Applications to: