Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand advanced vehicle accident concepts of pre- and post-accident vehicle speeds and paths.
- Vehicle conditions related to accidents.
- Demonstrate use of appropriate formulae applied to specific accident situations.
- Understand the problems and appropriate solutions to hazardous materials spills following traffic accidents.
- Traffic Template and Scientific Calculator (these were given in Basic Collision)
- Note-taking materials- notebook paper, pens, pencils....etc
- Mechanical/Drafting Pencil(s) (5mm lead preferred)
- Colored pencils and Highlighters
- Drawing compass
- 360-degree protractor and Two 30, 60, 90 degree drafting triangles
- 100 and 300 ft measuring tapes
- Digital camera
- Outdoor Attire for outdoor exercises
- Departmental laptop computer ***encourage but not required***
Prerequisite: One year experience since the completion of Advanced Collision Investigation
Dress Code & Identification:
- Uniforms, agency logo clothing or business casual attire is appropriate for classroom wear.
- Visitors attending training at WSCJTC are encouraged to wear their agency logo shirt/uniform or agency ID badge while on campus. If you are not wearing agency identification, you will be asked to check in at the front desk and will be provided with a clip-on visitor's identification card.
- Seats are limited to 20, early application is suggested
- Deadline: If, for any reason, it becomes necessary to cancel the application, you must notify the Registrar via email
seven days prior to class.
- Fee: $100 for No Show or Late cancellation
- Hours Vary
- Monday thru Friday
- Dates and location listed below
Is this class full or not available? Please complete the Course Interest Survey. Note: This is not a waiting list. You will not be contacted by WSCJTC unless there is enough interest to generate a class being scheduled. At that time we will contact everyone that has shown interest so that applications can be submitted.
WSCJTC LMS – Please contact your Training Manager to get registered online via LMS for this course.
Registration status does not guarantee acceptance into the class. Selections will be completed four weeks prior to the class, and you will receive a notice at that time.
Registration or Course Questions:
Interested in hosting a course or teaching?
Contact the Program Manager: