This class is 40 hours in length. Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Recognize and collect at-scene accident evidence such as tire marks, vehicle damage, roadway condition and vehicle and driver condition
- Accurately complete the standardized Accident Investigation Report
- Understand the most effective interviewing techniques for drivers, occupants and witnesses
- Organize and prepare for court use the evidence collected from the accident scene
- Appropriate attire for outdoor exercises
- Colored pencils
- Mechanical pencil
- 100 foot measuring tape
- 300 foot measuring tape
- A course manual
- Accident templates
Prerequisite: Currently employed as a law enforcement officer
Dress Code & Identification:
- Uniforms, agency logo clothing or business casual attire is appropriate for classroom wear.
- Visitors attending training at WSCJTC are encouraged to wear their agency logo shirt/uniform or agency ID badge while on campus. If you are not wearing agency identification, you will be asked to check in at the front desk and will be provided with a clip-on visitor's identification card.
- Deadline: If, for any reason, it becomes necessary to cancel the application, you must notify the Registrar via email
seven days prior to the first day of class.
- Fee: $100 No Show or Late cancellation.
- Hours Vary
- Monday thru Friday
- Dates and location listed below
Is this class full or not available? Please complete the Course Interest Survey. Please Note: This is not a waiting list. You will not be contacted by WSCJTC unless there is enough interest to generate a class being scheduled. At that time we will contact everyone that has shown interest so that applications can be submitted.
||Start & End Date
||February 13 -17, 2017
||Kennewick Police Department
211 W. 6th, Kennewick
|Open / $100
||April 17 -21, 2017
||Grant County Sheriff's Office
35 C Street NW, Ephrata
|Open / $100