Blue Courage Workshop, Course #1993
Blue Courage: The Heart and Mind of the Guardian is an education process designed to ensure the development of a highly evolved police officer who is prepared at any moment to reflect the best of what policing demands. It draws on relevant, proven literature and research on human effectiveness, positive psychology, leadership development, and neuroscience.
It is a process designed to:
- Address…cynicism, relationship, identity, integrity, health and stress…
- Develop mental toughness, allowing for the essential resilience officers and leaders must have
- Instill a sense of and commitment to the purpose and nobility of policing…
- Develop a culture of learning, critical thinking, open-mindedness, tolerance, and healthy curiosity
- Develop a moral compass and the requisite courage to do the right thing in any circumstance…”
The Blue Courage leadership development program has been around for a couple of years and was presented in Spokane in September of 2013. Recently, the Blue Courage organization was awarded grant funding to embed Blue Courage principles into basic law enforcement academy training. As a pilot site CJTC will receive a full “train the trainers” program in April for our entire BLEA training cadre and receive technical assistance in adapting the BLEA curriculum to Blue Courage principles.
To “influence the influencers” we will be hosting two complete 2-day training workshops.
Who can attend our classes?
- Law Enforcement and Public Safety Personnel
Dress Code and Identification:
- Uniform, agency logo clothing or business casual attire is appropriate for attending a WSCJTC class.
- Visible official ID is recommended (badges/agency IDs) while on campus.
- Monday – Friday, Days Vary, Check Schedule
- 0800- 1700
- Dates Vary, Check Schedule
WSCJTC Standard Cancellation Policy:
- Deadline: If, for any reason, it becomes necessary to cancel the application, you must notify the registrar via email