The following classes are designed for Private Security and Bail Bond Firearms Instructors. You will be required to download the application below and send it to us to attend these courses.
Applications are on a first come, first served basis Students are required to pass a range skills test and the final exam with a score of 85% or better.
Classes will be cancelled if enrollment is low. To ensure the class is not cancelled, please submit your application materials in as far advance as possible. Fees are non-refundable.
DRESS CODE & IDENTIFICATION:
- Uniforms, agency logo clothing or business casual attire is appropriate for classroom wear.
- Visible Agency official ID is recommended (badges / agency IDs) while on campus. Offsite locations will list agency ID and classroom attire in student instructions.
- Shotgun Instructor Manual Review.
- Shotgun deployment & manipulation exercises.
- Shotgun Marksmanship Qualifications.
- Introduce participants to contemporary techniques & theories for instruction.
REQUIRED equipment for EACH student:
- Agency-issued/approved shotgun pump or semi-auto, with sling and side saddle or other spare ammunition storage device capable of being attached to the weapon. All applicants should bring a duplicate spare shotgun.
- Duty handgun and Patrol duty belt with minimum of 3 magazines.
- Dummy training shotgun with sling (red or blue-ASP or Ring's).
- Eye protection (including clear glasses for night firing).
- Hearing protection - electronic headphones and earplugs.
- Copy of your agency's firearms policies.
- One duty flashlight and one backup.
- Weapon cleaning equipment.
- BDU type pants with cargo pockets.
- Baseball cap.
- Body armor.
REQUIRED AMMUNITION: (Recertification Course)
- 10 dummy shotgun rounds.
- 250 rounds of 00 Buckshot (reduced recoil recommended for pumps).
- 100 slug rounds.
- 50 rounds of practice ammo for duty pistol.
The following equipment is recommended:
- Rain poncho/parka.
- Water bottle.
- Knee pads.
- Elbow pads.
- A shooting test and manipulative skills test will be administered the morning of class.
- A passing score on the qualification shooting test will be needed for course completion.
- Students are required to email the following information upon acceptance to
- Make of patrol shotgun.
- Model of patrol shotgun.
See individual course information for cost. Students will be billed for training in their student acceptance notifications. All students are required to bring payment on the 1st day of class in the form of cash, check, or money order made out to WSCJTC.
Qualification test failures on the 1st day of class will result in dismissal from the class and there is no refund for those failing the qualification.
All students are asked to come prepared for training and qualification forms are provided on the forms page for each instructor class.
APPLICATION: CLICK HERE - REVISED 10/2013
The PS Shotgun Instructor classes are blended courses with law enforcement instructors. Please click on the link in the class description for full details on the training requirements and testing/qualification procedures.