Cases of gang-controlled sex trafficking are occurring in at least 35 states including Washington. Gang TRAP (Trafficking Response and Prevention) training course will address the commercial sexual exploitation of minors within a gang nexus. Presenters will review the cultural and regional differences between various gangs and their criminal enterprises pertaining to sex trafficking. Attendees will be equipped with the tools to advance their cases against gang trafficking, dismantle criminal operations, and provide appropriate services to gang-involved trafficking victims. This course is recommended for any law enforcement officer that has the potential to come in contact with gang members or gang associates, including investigators, gang units, patrol officers, etc. It is also recommended for prosecutors, school resource officers, case managers, service providers, clinicians or child welfare workers who may be dealing with cases of gang-involved youth. The focus is on improving the identification and response to victims of juvenile sex trafficking.
The training is co-sponsored by the WA State CJTC and Shared Hope International, a nationwide leader in awareness and training curriculum on the identification of minor sex trafficking victims. Shared Hope International will also debut a new video training series on gang trafficking.
The topics covered in Gang TRAP course:
- Sex trafficking within gang dynamics
- Recruitment and control tactics used by gang traffickers
- Challenges to investigations and prosecutions
- Gang indoctrination with victims and perpetrators
- Victim services
- Collaboration for investigation, prosecution and therapeutic intervention
Pre-Course Work: There are no pre-course readings or assignments.
Pre requisites: None
Who can attend our class? Law enforcement investigators, prosecutors and victim services providers
Non Law Enforcement Apply Here- Shared Hope
Cost: Free - Lunch will be provided on site for all attendees.
Schedule: 10:00am to 3:30pm
- Deadline: If, for any reason, it becomes necessary to cancel the application, you must notify the Registrar via email
seven days prior to class.
- Fee: $50.00 for late cancellations or no-shows.
Dress Code & Identification:
- Uniforms, agency logo clothing or business casual attire is appropriate for classroom wear.
- Visible Agency official ID is recommended (badges / agency IDs) while on campus.
***Is this class full or not available???? Please complete the Course Interest Survey. Please Note: This is not a waiting list. You will not be contacted by WSCJTC unless there is enough interest to generate a class being scheduled. At that time we will contact everyone that has shown interest so that applications can be sub