The WSCJTC provides training for criminal justice personnel responding to people in a mental health crisis. Crisis Intervention Team Training (CIT), involves working in a team with mental health practitioners, law enforcement, medical personnel, and other first responders. The focus is to provide the best services possible to the individual in a mental health crisis.
In 2008, the WSCJTC created a curriculum manual with suggested course materials on CIT. The WSCJTC also has informational guides available by request from the Bureau of Justice Assistance, The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administrations.
1. Crisis Intervention Training Suggested Course Materials Manual - WSCJTC 053108
2. Improving Responses to People with Mental Illnesses, Strategies for Effective Law Enforcement Training, Bureau of Justice Assistance (BJA) 2008
3. A Guide to Implementing Police-Based Diversion Programs for People with Mental Illness, Melissa Reuland, January 2004, Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA)
In 2010, the WSCJTC partnered with King County Mental Health to provide CIT Training to first responders working or assigned to King County. CIT-King CO training includes 40-hour, 8-hr, and much more.
CIT-King County Courses
- Crisis Intervention Team Training (40 Hour) - King CO, Course #8070
- Crisis Intervention Team Training (8 Hour ) - King CO, Course #8071
- CIT-King CO 911/Dispatch Train the Trainer, Course # 8074
- Crisis Intervention Team Advanced, Course #8077
- CIT-King CO Fire/EMS In-Service 8-HR, #8068
- CIT-King CO Corrections In-Service 8-HR, #8069
- CIT-King CO Corrections Train the Trainer, Course # 8073
- CIT Force Options, Course #8080
- CIT Executive Roundtable Training, Course #8081
- CIT- Crisis Intervention Team - Youth, Course #8076
Statewide CIT Trainings
Crisis Intervention Team Resources
There are many CIT resources available nationwide. This CIT Resource Page lists local, county, state, and national resources. This listing is for resource purposes only and is not endorsed or supported by the WSCJTC.
Need a resource added? Email
Regional CIT Association
Currently in process of being formed; more information pending.
Contacting the WSCJTC Crisis Intervention Team Training Program
Follow us on Facebook!
Statewide CIT Program Manager
King CO CIT Program Manager
Sergeant Anthony Lockhart
King CO CIT Program Coordinator
WSCJTC CIT Training Office Contacts
Office Fax: 206-835-7953
Rev Mar 2017