Overtime/Backfill Reimbursement: NEW!
This 40-hour Crisis Intervention Team Training class is designed to educate law enforcement officers on becoming a Crisis Intervention Team (CIT) officer.
The course will cover;
- The legal aspects of mental health commitments
- Liability issues
- Mental disorders ( including indicators of mental illness)
- Understanding mental illness
- The interpersonal relations necessary to effectively work with the mentally ill and their families
- The mental health system
- Intervention strategies for dealing with both low and high risk situations.
Students may participate in role playing scenarios during this class. Each training class will contain specific details related to training in the student instructions.
Who can attend our classes?
- Law enforcement officers and deputies within the state of Washington.
- Criminal justice, fire, mental health providers, and other emergency responders if space is available.
Dress Code and Identification:
- Uniform, agency logo clothing, or business casual attire is appropriate for attending a WSCJTC class.
- Visible official ID is recommended (badges/agency IDs) while on campus.
- Off Campus classes may have dress requirements in the student instructions.
- Overtime/Backfill Reimbursement is available for CIT 40-HR Statewide Basic classes. Please use the instructions for details and submission of a reimbursement request.
- OT/Backfill Reimbursement for Statewide CIT Training: Instructions
- Dates Vary, Check Schedule
- Deadline: If, for any reason, it becomes necessary to cancel the application, you must notify the registrar via email
seven (7) days prior to class.
- Fee: $50 for late cancellations and no shows
***Is this class full or not available???? Please complete the Course Interest Survey. Please Note: This is not a waiting list. You will not be contacted by WSCJTC unless there is enough interest to generate a class being scheduled. At that time we will contact everyone that has shown interest so that applications can be submitted.
There is no test for this class.
How to Apply:
Law Enforcement: Online Registration-LMS (Only agency authorized personnel can access this tool. Contact your Training Manager on your local procedures).
Questions: Contact LMS Help Desk |
Non Law Enforcement: Application
Reimbursement Form Instructions
Course, Program or Policy Questions
Rev March 2016
||Start & End Date
||October 24 -28, 2016
||Tacoma Police Department, 3701 South Pine St.,Tacom|