This 40-hour Crisis Intervention Team Training class is designed to educate law enforcement officers on becoming a Crisis Intervention Team (CIT) officer.
The course will cover;
- The legal aspects of mental health commitments
- Liability issues
- Mental disorders ( including indicators of mental illness)
- Understanding mental illness
- The interpersonal relations necessary to effectively work with the mentally ill and their families
- The mental health system
- Intervention strategies for dealing with both low and high risk situations.
Students may participate in role playing scenarios during this class. Each training class will contain specific details related to training in the student instructions.
Backfill / Overtime Instructions: Instructions
Who can attend our classes?
- Law enforcement officers and deputies within the state of Washington.
- Criminal justice, fire, mental health providers, and other emergency responders if space is available.
Dress Code and Identification:
- Uniform, agency logo clothing, or business casual attire is appropriate for attending a WSCJTC class.
- Visible official ID is recommended (badges/agency IDs) while on campus.
- Off Campus classes may have dress requirements in the student instructions.
- Times and dates vary, Check Schedule below
- Deadline: 7 days prior to class email
- Fee: $50 for late cancellations and no shows
WSCJTC LMS – Please contact your Training Manager to get registered online via LMS for this course.
Registration status does not guarantee acceptance into the class. Selections will be completed four weeks prior to the class, and you will receive a notice at that time.
Registration or Course Questions:
Interested in hosting a course or teaching?
Contact the program Manager:
Name: Bob Graham
Title: Program Manager
Rev Dec 2017
||Start & End Date
||December 03 -07, 2018
||Edmonds Police Department
250 5th Ave N, Edmonds
|Full / None