The motor skills acquired in the Ground Survival Tactics arena are perishable and ever-changing. GST-Instructor recertification is an 8-hour course designed to update those skills for a “grounded” assault on the officer. Within this class the participant will be instructed and tested on all changes to the curriculum both for the basic academies and instructor courses in particular:
- The principles of Ground Survival Tactics
- Targeting principles
- Proper psychomotor skills involved in their employment
- How the various components of Level Two and Three Tactics are applied to these serious and potentially life threatening situations.
As with all recertification courses, the participant will be tested on:
- Both the cognitive and motor skills for the use of this level of force
- Proper means of instruction
- Testing and theoretical background to analyze other similar programs in order to develop agency specific programs.
- Overview GST Tactics principles and concepts
- Supine Striking Tactics and Drills
- Physiology of a ground fight with assaultive violator
- Training equipment needs
- Gun Retention and Disarming in a ground fight
- Disarm attempts and Use Of Force
- Basic Law Enforcement Academy curriculum
Prerequisite: Ground Survival Tactics Instructor Course #2187
Dress Code & Identification:
- Visitors attending training at WSCJTC are encouraged to wear their agency logo shirt/uniform or agency ID badge while on campus. If you are not wearing agency identification, you will be asked to check in at the front desk and will be provided with a clip-on visitor's identification card.
- Deadline: If, for any reason, it becomes necessary to cancel the application, you must notify the Registrar via email
7 Days prior to class.
- Fee: $50 or course fee, whichever is greater.
- 8:00 am-5:00 pm
- Dates and locations listed below
***Is this class full or not available???? Please complete the Course Interest Survey. Please Note: This is not a waiting list. You will not be contacted by WSCJTC unless there is enough interest to generate a class being scheduled. At that time we will contact everyone that has shown interest so that applications can be submitted.