The WSCJTC Basic and Advanced Sniper Courses prepare SWAT Officers to effectively operate as a member of a Sniper/Scout Element of a SWAT or SRT Unit. As you would expect, their training involves significantly more than instruction specific to the telescoped precision rifle. Unlike the Basic and Advanced Sniper/Scout Courses, this course of instruction focuses only on how to instruct the basic skills necessary to deploy the telescoped rifle by uniformed personnel. This course is not intended as a replacement for the Basic Scout/Sniper Course.
- The Scoped Rifle Instructor course is designed to provide LE/Security instructors with the knowledge and skills necessary to train employees how to effectively deploy a rifle weapon system equipped with a telescopic sight.
Target Audience: LE/Security personnel that are current firearms instructors for your agency/department.
- The Criminal Justice Training Commission is offering the following course for Firearms Instructors for Law Enforcement and Private Security Certified Firearms Instructors. **Please note classes will be cancelled if enrollment is low. To ensure the class is not cancelled, please submit your application materials in as far in advance as possible. Fees are non-refundable.
- Applications are on a first come, first served basis and students are required to pass a range skills test and the final exam with a score of 80% or better. All students are asked to come prepared for training and all forms are provided in the class downloads section for this class.
Dress Code & Identification:
- Uniforms, agency logo clothing or business casual attire is appropriate for classroom wear.
- Visible Agency official ID is recommended (badges / agency IDs) while on campus.
- $650. Class fee is due on first day of class at check-in. Invoices will be provided with student acceptance materials. Please make checks/MO's payable to WSCJTC.
- Deadline: If, for any reason, it becomes necessary to cancel the application, you must notify the registrar via email
by the class cancellation deadline.
- Late Cancellation/No Show Fee: $50, or the course fee, whichever is greater.