Master Control/Defensive Tactics Instructor Recertification is a 40-hour comprehensive tactics review course for currently certified MI’s. Throughout the week-long review emphasis is placed on proper psychomotor skills involved in Control/Defensive tactics instruction. Within this class the participant is required to perform a wide range of C/DT skills, participate in classroom discussion involving current theories in psycho-motor skills instruction, training issues in C/DT and decisions regarding future direction of academy level training.
Specific areas covered in this course:
- Control Tactics.
- Defensive Tactics.
- Impact Weapon Tactics.
- Ground survival Tactics.
- Principles of motor performance, and motor learning as they relate to skill instruction and testing.
- Guest instructor presentation on relevant information.
Master Instructor Recertification course should be attended every year in order to avoid decertification leading to additional training hours to regain MI status.
Prerequisite: Master Instructor BASIC Certification Course #2070
Dress Code & Identification:
- Visitors attending training at WSCJTC are encouraged to wear their agency logo shirt/uniform or agency ID badge while on campus. If you are not wearing agency identification, you will be asked to check in at the front desk and will be provided with a clip-on visitor's identification card.
- Deadline: If, for any reason, it becomes necessary to cancel the application, you must notify the Registrar via email
7 Days prior to class.
- Fee: The course fee
- 8:00 am-5:00 pm
- Dates and locations listed below
***Is this class full or not available???? Please complete the Course Interest Survey. Please Note: This is not a waiting list. You will not be contacted by WSCJTC unless there is enough interest to generate a class being scheduled. At that time we will contact everyone that has shown interest so that applications can be submitted.
How To Apply:
Online Registration-LMS (Only agency authorized personnel can access this tool. Contact your Training Manager on your local procedures).
Questions: Contact LMS Help Desk |