In order to ensure solid grounding in the precepts surrounding motor skill instructional methodology and to better prepare Master Instructors for delivering the “motor leaning” portion of various instructor courses, this course will guide the student through the theoretical concepts developed from scientific research in the area of motor learning and performance.
- The participant will learn and understand the science based concepts and practices related to psycho-motor skills instruction.
- This course is a prerequisite for Master Instructors in lieu of the general Instructor Development course.
- In order to accommodate agency participants, this 80 hour course is delivered in a combination of at-home-self-study and classroom format. Therefore, the course has a pre-requisite that requires a completion of 200+ questions (based on the required textbook) that must be submitted prior to acceptance into the course.
- Click here for the Test
- Acknowledgement of receipt of all test questions and answers must be included with application.
- Please submit to Bob Bragg at
- Agencies should consider this study time as part of this course.
Required Course Materials:
- Motor Learning & Performance 5th Edition – publisher: Human Kinetics. Click here to be directed to the Amazon Website for this book and the recommended additional reading:
- Attention and Motor Skill Learning
- Motor Control in Everyday Actions
- Participants must pass a written test
- Presentation and writing equipment
- Level One Instructor Manual
- Test and answer questions in preparation for instructional exercises
- Deadline: If, for any reason, it becomes necessary to cancel the application, you must notify the Registrar via email
7 Days prior to class.
- Fee: Course fee
- 8:00 am-5:00 pm
- Dates and Locations listed below
Dress Code & Identification:
- Visitors attending training at WSCJTC are encouraged to wear their agency logo shirt/uniform or agency ID badge while on campus. If you are not wearing agency identification, you will be asked to check in at the front desk and will be provided with a clip-on visitor's identification card.
Acknowledgement of receipt of all test questions and answers must be included with application.
Please submit to Bob Bragg at
***Is this class full or not available???? Please complete the Course Interest Survey. Please Note: This is not a waiting list. You will not be contacted by WSCJTC unless there is enough interest to generate a class being scheduled. At that time we will contact everyone that has shown interest so that applications can be submitted.
||Start & End Date
||April 17 -21, 2017
19010 1st Ave S
Burien WA 98148
|Open / $150