The LVNR Instructor class is a 24-hour instructor course that develops the participant to deliver training in the LVNR training to line officers. The participant learns the components of the LVNR system instruction and application, including the legal and medical research that documents the safety and effectiveness of the LVNR system.
The participant will learn and understand:
- The situations that allow for the application of this unique type of physical force
- Proper psychomotor skills involved in LVNR application
- Proper means of instruction and testing
- Theoretical background supporting this system
- What differentiates LVNR from other similar tactics used throughout the country
- History and development
- Use-of-Force concepts, federal, state, and departmental
- Physiology and medical implications of neck restraints
- In-custody Deaths
- Mechanics of control and techniques
- Integrated Training methods using of the Impact Resistant Suit for dynamic high-speed training
- Defensive Tactics Instructor Course #2076.
- As a result of the length and physical nature of the class, participants should be able to perform - A physical ability entrance test consisting of:
- 25 pushups in 60 sec.
- 35 sit-ups in 60 sec.
- 1.5 mile run in 14:00 minutes
Dress Code & Identification:
- Uniforms, agency logo clothing or business casual attire is appropriate for classroom wear.
- Visible Agency official ID is recommended (badges / agency IDs) while on campus
Recertification Course: Lateral Vascular Neck Restraint Instructor Recertification 2175—this course is 8 hours in length and should be attended within 3 years of last certification.
- $300—Do not mail class fee, bring to class on 1st day.
- Check or P.O. should be made payable to:
National Law Enforcement Training Center, Inc.
Contact: 816/269-7964 or email
Tax ID #14-1998851
- 8:00 am-5:00 pm
- Dates and Locations listed below
WSCJTC Application Form (Word)
WSCJTC Application Form (PDF)
(The free Adobe Acrobat Reader is required for the PDF version)
Submit Applications to: