The 40 hour Level II Instructor Course is a vital supplement to the 80 hour Level I Course.
While the Level I course focuses on core competencies necessary to instruct others in safe gun handling, handgun manipulation and marksmanship, the Level II course focuses on diagnosing shooter deficiencies.
The Level II course provides the current firearms instructor with the much needed tools to identify shooter deficiencies, whether it be trigger control, sighting issues or physical issue surrounding the proper use of the weapon. The course provides solutions once the firearms instructor identifies the deficiencies.
Note: During this course instructors are given the opportunity to diagnose deficiencies with shooters from the local area.
Subjects covered include:
- Develop the skills necessary to identify shooter deficiencies.
- Develop firearms training to correct those deficiencies.
- Develop motor learning components to correct shooter deficiencies.
- Begin development of maintaining fundamental skills while conducting scenario based training (new).
Course Material: A link to the manual and the course materials will be given when accepted to class, four weeks prior.
- Duty Handgun.
- Instructor ballistic vest.
- Writing material.
- Eye Protection.
- Ear protections.
- Laptop computer.
- Fully functional non-firing red gun.
- Baseball cap.
- 500 rounds duty ammo
- 100 rounds frangible
- A minimum of 20 dummy rounds
Prerequisite: Achieve passing score on WSCJTC Level I Handgun Course. Click here for the pre-qualification test.
- Obtain and study the book below. Students will need to be prepared for a discussion of the book:
- Motor Control in Everyday Actions
- Timothy D. Lee, Human Kinetics ISBN-13: 978-0-7360-8393-5
- Students are required to submit the following information with your application (either on-line or on the paper application):
- Make of duty weapon
- Model of duty weapon
- Caliber of duty weapon
Dress Code & Identification:
- Uniforms, agency logo clothing or clothing that is appropriate for classroom and range.
- Visible Agency official ID is recommended (badges / agency IDs) while on site.
Cost: $500 Applicants agency provides ammunition.
- Deadline: If, for any reason, it becomes necessary to cancel the application, you must notify the registrar via email
seven days prior to class.
- Non-cancelled “No shows” and failure to pass the entrance qualification will be charged the entire course fee.
- 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
***Is this class full or not available???? Please complete the Course Interest Survey. Please Note: This is not a waiting list. You will not be contacted by WSCJTC unless there is enough interest to generate a class being scheduled. At that time we will contact everyone that has shown interest so that applications can be submitted.