This class is a recertification of Firearms Shotgun Instructor Course #2018 and is 8 hours in length and should be attended within 3 years of last certification. This course will provide the current shotgun instructor with the contemporary techniques and theories.
- Shotgun Instructor Manual Review.
- Shotgun deployment & manipulation exercises.
- Shotgun Marksmanship Qualifications.
- Introduce participants to contemporary techniques & theories for instruction.
REQUIRED equipment for EACH student:
- Agency-issued/approved shotgun pump or semi-auto, with sling and side saddle or other spare ammunition storage device capable of being attached to the weapon. All applicants should bring a duplicate spare shotgun and a less lethal shotgun.
- Duty handgun and Patrol duty belt with minimum of 3 magazines.
- Dummy training shotgun with sling (red or blue-ASP or Ring's).
- Eye protection (including clear glasses for night firing).
- Hearing protection - electronic headphones and earplugs.
- Copy of your agency's firearms and less lethal policies.
- One duty flashlight and one backup.
- Weapon cleaning equipment.
- BDU type pants with cargo pockets.
- Baseball cap.
- Body armor.
- Laptop and flashdrive.
- 10 dummy shotgun rounds.
- 250 rounds of 00 Buckshot (reduced recoil recommended for pumps).
- 100 slug rounds.
- 50 rounds of practice ammo for duty pistol.
- 50 rounds of less lethal ammunition.
The following equipment is recommended:
- Rain poncho/parka.
- Water bottle.
- Knee pads.
- Elbow pads.
Prerequisite: Patrol Shotgun #2013 and Handgun Update #2015 (#2015 within the last 3 years) or by permission of the WSCJTC Firearms Training Manager.
- A shooting test will be administered by a qualified Firearms Instructor of your choice who has successfully completed Level One Handgun Instructors within three years or a Level One Handgun Instructor who has attended an update if their certification is older than three years.
- A passing score on the qualification shooting test will be needed for course completion.
- Students must read and be prepared to identify components as the class progresses:
- Sport Skill Instructions for Coaches
- Author Craig A. Wrisberg
- ISBN: 13:978073603987
- The firearms program will be utilizing the program HP Flow to help in the distribution of course documents. Students will receive links one week prior to the class start date. It is the students responsibility to have the manual available to them by either printing the manual or downloading to a computer.
- Students are required to submit the following information with your application (either on-line or on the paper application).
- Make of patrol shotgun.
- Model of patrol shotgun.
Dress Code & Identification:
- Visitors attending training at WSCJTC are encouraged to wear their agency logo shirt/uniform or agency ID badge while on campus. If you are not wearing agency identification, you will be asked to check in at the front desk and will be provided with a clip-on visitor's identification card.
Course Fee: $100
***Is this class full or not available???? Please complete the Course Interest Survey. Please Note: This is not a waiting list. You will not be contacted by WSCJTC unless there is enough interest to generate a class being scheduled. At that time we will contact everyone that has shown interest so that applications can be submitted.
||Start & End Date
||June 30, 2017
||Tacoma PD Firing Range
101 McMurray Rd NE
Tacoma WA 98422
|Open / $100
Non-cancelled no-shows will be charged $100
||July 14, 2017
||Spokane Police Training Center
2302 N Waterworks
|Open / $100
Non cancelled no shows will be charged $100