This class is a recertification of Firearms Patrol Rifle Instructor Course #2014 and is 16 hours in length and should be attended within 3 years of last certification. This course will provide the current rifle instructor with the contemporary techniques and theories.
- Introduce participants to contemporary techniques & theories for firearms instruction.
- Instruction on the use of duty optics.
- Instructor Manual Review
- Deployment & manipulation exercises
- Marksmanship Qualification
- A shooting test will be administered on day one. A passing score of 90% is required.
- A passing score on the qualification shooting test will be needed for course completion.
- Students must read and be prepared to identify components as the class progresses:
- Students are required to have access to a copy of the manual that they received in Level 1.
Prerequisite: Patrol Rifle #2014 and Handgun Update #2015 (#2015 within the last 3 years), or by permission of the WSCJTC Firearms Training Manager
REQUIRED equipment for EACH student:
- Agency issued/approved rifle with agency optics and iron sights or just iron sights, sling (recommend tactical), optional light mount. All applicants will bring a duplicate spare rifle in case of weapon malfunction.
- Spare magazine carrier (either belt or weapon mounted)
- Minimum of 3 rifle magazines.
- Dummy training rifle with sling (red or blue plastic – ASP or Ring’s).
- Duty handgun and Patrol duty belt with a minimum of 3 pistol magazines.
- Eye protection (including clear glasses for night firing).
- Hearing protection – electronic headphones and earplugs.
- One duty flashlight and one backup.
- BDU type pants with cargo pockets.
- Baseball cap.
- Body armor.
- Laptop and flash drive
- 750 rounds for rifle
- 10 dummy rifle rounds
- 100 rounds duty pistol
- Rain poncho/parka.
- Water bottle.
- Knee pads.
- Elbow pads.
Dress Code & Identification:
- Visitors attending training at WSCJTC are encouraged to wear their agency logo shirt/uniform or agency ID badge while on campus. If you are not wearing agency identification, you will be asked to check in at the front desk and will be provided with a clip-on visitor's identification card.
- One Day (see dates below)
- 08:00 am-05:00 pm
- Deadline: If, for any reason, it becomes necessary to cancel the application, you must notify the registrar via email
- Seven days prior to class.
- Non-cancelled “No Shows” and failure to pass the entrance qualification will be charged the entire course fee.
***Is this class full or not available???? Please complete the Course Interest Survey. Please Note: This is not a waiting list. You will not be contacted by WSCJTC unless there is enough interest to generate a class being scheduled. At that time we will contact everyone that has shown interest so that applications can be submitted.
Revised March 2019
||Start & End Date
||June 27 -28, 2019
||Okanogan Central Landfill
247 B and O North RD
Okanogan WA 98840
|Cancelled / $200
Cancelled due to low enrollment 05/08/19
||July 18 -19, 2019
1025 Burwell St
Bremerton WA 98337
|Open / $200
||October 03 -04, 2019
3230 Twin Bridges Rd.
Richland WA 99354
|Open / $200