This course will provide the current rifle instructor with the contemporary techniques and theories.
- Introduce participants to contemporary techniques & theories for firearms instruction.
- Instruction on the use of duty optics.
- Instructor Manual Review
- Deployment & manipulation exercises
- Marksmanship Qualification
- A shooting test and Manipulative Skill Test will be administered the morning of class.
- A passing score on the qualification shooting test will be needed for course completion.
- Students are required to submit the following information with your application (either on-line or on the paper application).
- Make of patrol rifle.
- Model of patrol rifle.
- Caliber of patrol rifle.
Prerequisite: Patrol Rifle #2014 and Handgun Update #2015 (#2015 within the last 3 years), or by permission of the WSCJTC Firearms Training Manager
REQUIRED equipment for EACH student:
- Agency issued/approved rifle with agency optics and iron sights or just iron sights, sling (recommend tactical), optional light mount. All applicants will bring a duplicate spare rifle in case of weapon malfunction.
- Spare magazine carrier (either belt or weapon mounted)
- Minimum of 3 rifle magazines.
- Dummy training rifle with sling (red or blue plastic – ASP or Ring’s).
- Duty handgun and Patrol duty belt with a minimum of 3 pistol magazines.
- Eye protection (including clear glasses for night firing).
- Hearing protection – electronic headphones and earplugs.
- One duty flashlight and one backup.
- BDU type pants with cargo pockets.
- Baseball cap.
- Body armor.
- 500 rounds for rifle
- 10 dummy rifle rounds
- 100 rounds duty pistol
- Rain poncho/parka.
- Water bottle.
- Knee pads.
- Elbow pads.
Dress Code & Identification:
- Uniforms, agency logo clothing or clothing that is appropriate for classroom wear and range.
- Visible Agency official ID is recommended (badges / agency IDs) while on campus.
- One Day (see dates below)
- 08:00 am-05:00 pm
- Deadline: If, for any reason, it becomes necessary to cancel the application, you must notify the registrar via email
seven days prior to class.
- Non-cancelled “No Shows” and failure to pass the entrance qualification will be charged the entire course fee.
Application: Firearms Application
Submit Applications to:
Course, Program, or Policy Questions: