The following classes are designed for Private Security and Bail Bond Firearms Instructors. You will be required to download the application below and send it to us to attend these courses.
Applications are on a first come, first served basis Students are required to pass a range skills test and the final exam with a score of 85% or better.
Classes will be cancelled if enrollment is low. To ensure the class is not cancelled, please submit your application materials in as far advance as possible. Fees are non-refundable.
DRESS CODE & IDENTIFICATION:
- Uniforms, agency logo clothing or business casual attire is appropriate for classroom wear.
- Visible Agency official ID is recommended (badges / agency IDs) while on campus. Offsite locations will list agency ID and classroom attire in student instructions.
- Introduce participants to contemporary techniques & theories for firearms instruction.
- Instruction on the use of duty optics.
- Instructor Manual Review
- Deployment & manipulation exercises
- Marksmanship Qualification
REQUIRED equipment for EACH student:
- Agency issued/approved rifle with agency optics and iron sights or just iron sights, sling (recommend tactical), optional light mount. All applicants will bring a duplicate spare rifle in case of weapon malfunction.
- Spare magazine carrier (either belt or weapon mounted)
- Minimum of 3 rifle magazines.
- Dummy training rifle with sling (red or blue plastic – ASP or Ring’s).
- Duty handgun and Patrol duty belt with a minimum of 3 pistol magazines.
- Eye protection (including clear glasses for night firing).
- Hearing protection – electronic headphones and earplugs.
- One duty flashlight and one backup.
- BDU type pants with cargo pockets.
- Baseball cap.
- Body armor.
REQUIRED ammunition: (Recertification Class)
- 500 rounds for rifle
- 10 dummy rifle rounds
- 100 rounds duty pistol
- A shooting test and Manipulative Skills Test will be administered the morning of class.
- A passing score on the qualification shooting test will be needed for course completion.
- Students are required to submit the following information upon acceptance via email to