This course is a shortened and revises edition of the previously 40 hour, Telecommunicator 2. This course will be 24 hours in length and provide attendees a foundation in radio dispatch techniques for law enforcement and fire/EMS.
Students must pass the post-course exam with a score of 70% or better. Renewable certificates are given for T2 Certification for passing the class.
Outline of covered topics in Telecommunicator 2 (0728):
- Role of the Dispatcher
- Customer service
- Team dynamics
- Voice, speech, paraphrasing
- Standardized radio practices
- Call Formatting and dispatch
- Responder safety
- High risk calls
- Fire operations
- ICS and fire apparatus
- Active shooter
(Recommendations only – please contact us if you’d like to have someone attend who has not had the pre-requisites.)
- Currently employed as a telecommunicator at a recognized PSAP in the State of Washington
Who can attend our classes?
- Public safety telecommunicators employed at a recognized PSAP in the State of Washington.
- Employees from other call centers, government agencies or security departments will not be accepted.
- 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Monday through Wednesday.
- Dates and locations listed below.
- If you are canceling your employee from the class, we need at least (2) two week’s notice before the start of class
- Student no-shows or cancelations with less than (2) two weeks from the start of class will be billed $125
- Materials must be returned from canceled student registrations
- The Telecommunicator Program will cancel a class due to low enrollment 4 weeks out from the class
||Start & End Date
||June 24 -26, 2019
19010 1st Ave S
Burien WA 98148
|Open / None