This course is 3 days in length. The purpose of this course is to introduce students to basic facilitation skills with an emphasis on problem-based learning curriculum and classroom settings. The course details the need to transition the classroom environment from instructor-centered to student-centered while at the same time shifting responsibility for student learning from instructor to student. Students will be exposed to a variety of small and large group activities and will practice the new skills during the course.
- Adult Learning principles
- Facilitation defined
- Feedback and coaching
- Overview of Problem Based Learning
- Role of the PBL Facilitator
- Facilitation Techniques
- Classroom activities
- Guided group discussion
- Focused conversation (Funneling technique)
- Use of Socratic questioning
- Appealing to different learning intake styles
- Classroom management techniques
There are no pre-requisites for this course.
Persons with T1 and T2 certifications will be given selection preference in order to assist them in meeting their continuing education requirements.
- Currently employed as a telecommunicator at a recognized PSAP in the State of Washington
Who can attend our classes?
- Public safety telecommunicators employed at a recognized PSAP in the State of Washington.
- Employees from other call centers, government agencies or security departments will not be accepted.
Dress Code & Identification:
- Uniforms, agency logo clothing or business casual attire is appropriate for classroom wear.
- Visible Agency official ID is recommended (badges / agency IDs) while on campus.
- 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Monday through Friday
- Dates and locations listed below.
- Notification to our office is required two (3) weeks before the start of class
- Student no shows or cancelations less than two (3) weeks before class are billed $125.
- Materials may be required to be returned to our office.
||Start & End Date