This class is a recertification of Firearms Handgun Instructor Level 1 Course #2011 and is 24 hours in length and should be attended within 3 years of last certification. This course will provide the current firearms instructor with the contemporary techniques and theories. In addition this course will provide a review of federal and state laws and contemporary legal standards relating to the use of deadly force.
- Review of State & Federal Laws concerning use of Deadly Force.
- Handgun Instructor Manual Review.
- Review “Depressed Muzzle” philosophy.
- Review Handgun Manipulation Techniques.
- ACMLP Application
- Handgun Marksmanship Qualification.
- Department approved handgun w/ three magazines.
- Duty belt with agency approved holster and magazine pouches.
- Duty flashlight w/backup light recommended.
- Eye protection and ear protection.
- BDU Type pants w/cargo pockets.
- Body armor will be worn while on range.
- Laptop and Flash drive
- Handgun - 1,200 rounds of handgun ammunition, 25 dummy rounds, and 100 rounds of frangible.
- A Shooting Test and Manipulation Skill Test will be administered the morning of class. Failure of either test, will result in removal from the class.
- Students must read and be prepared to identify components as the class progresses:
- Students are required to download or print the manual. It is the student’s responsibility to have the manual available to them on the first day of class. A link will be sent one week prior to class.
- Students are required to submit the following information with your application (either on-line or on the paper application).
- Make of handgun.
- Model of handgun.
- Caliber of handgun.
Dress Code & Identification:
- Visitors attending training at WSCJTC are encouraged to wear their agency logo shirt/uniform or agency ID badge while on campus. If you are not wearing agency identification, you will be asked to check in at the front desk and will be provided with a clip-on visitor's identification card.
- Deadline: If, for any reason, it becomes necessary to cancel the application, you must notify the Registrar via email
7 Days prior to class.
- Fee: Non-cancelled “no-shows” and failure to pass the entrance qualification will be charged the entire course fee.
- Three days (see dates below)
- 8:00 am-5:00 pm
***Is this class full or not available???? Please complete the Course Interest Survey.
Please Note: This is not a waiting list. You will not be contacted by WSCJTC unless there is enough interest to generate a class being scheduled. At that time we will contact everyone that has shown interest so that applications can be submitted.
How To Apply:
(Only agency authorized personnel can access this tool. Contact your Training Manager on your local procedures).
LMS Questions Contact:
LMS Help Desk |
Registration/Course Information Contact:
Sacheie Coaxum |
Course, Program or Policy Questions:
Mike O’Neill |