This course will provide the current firearms instructor with the contemporary techniques and theories. In addition thiscourse will provide a review of federal and state laws and contemporary legal standards relating to the use of deadlyforce.
- Review of State & Federal Laws concerning use of Deadly Force.
- Handgun Instructor Manual Review.
- Review “Depressed Muzzle” philosophy.
- Review Handgun Manipulation Techniques.
- Mental Mechanics of shooting presentation & exercises.
- Handgun Marksmanship Qualification.
- Department approved handgun w/ three magazines.
- Duty belt with agency approved holster and magazine pouches.
- Duty flashlight w/backup light recommended.
- Eye protection and ear protection.
- BDU Type pants w/cargo pockets.
- Body armor will be worn while on range.
- Handgun - 500 rounds of handgun ammunition and 10 dummy rounds
- A Shooting Test and manipulation skills test will be administered the morning of class.
- Students are required to submit the following information with your application (either on-line or on the paper application).
- Make of handgun.
- Model of handgun.
- Caliber of handgun.
Dress Code & Identification:
- Uniforms, agency logo clothing or clothing that is appropriate for classroom wear and range wear.
- Visible Agency official ID is recommended (badges / agency IDs) while on campus.
- Deadline: If, for any reason, it becomes necessary to cancel the application, you must notify the Registrar via email
7 Days prior to class.
- Non-cancelled “no-shows” and failure to pass the entrance qualification will be charged the entire course fee.
- Two days (see dates below)
- 8:00 am-5:00 pm
Application: Firearms Application