This class is 28 hours in length. Course content:
- Sheriff's History
- Duties and Responsibilities
- Service of Process, Statutes, Fees and Terms, Legal Issues
- DV "Front Office Papers"
- Domestic Violence Legal Issues
- Habeas Corpus
- Personal Property, Attachment, Replevins, Bonds
- Personal Property Executions
- Real Property
- Officer Safety and Domestic Violence
Instructors: A cadre of experts with expansive experience in civil issues
Target Audience: Employed with a Sheriff's Office
Dress Code & Identification:
- Visitors attending training at WSCJTC are encouraged to wear their agency logo shirt/uniform or agency ID badge while on campus. If you are not wearing agency identification, you will be asked to check in at the front desk and will be provided with a clip-on visitor's identification card.
- Deadline: If, for any reason, it becomes necessary to cancel the application, you must notify the Registrar via email