This 45-hour course provides the active law enforcement sniper with an opportunity to enhance their marksmanship, field craft and observation skills as well as review use of force standards. Students will gain experience through:
- Scenario based training
- Observation exercises
- Deployment exercises
- Managing intermediate barriers
- Sniper Basic #0531 or by permission of the Firearms Program Manager, Mike O'Neill at
Upon successful completion students will:
- Have obtained shooting data out to 500 yards
- Have obtained shooting data for common barriers
- Handle and deploy with a precision rifle consistent with the safety protocol and the best practices and procedures for a police sniper.
- Employ the advanced skills learned during scenario training.
- 100% attendance is required.
- Strict adherence to firearm safety rules and general handling practices.
(It is the prerogative of the lead instructor to remove a student from the course for flagrant or repeated minor violations of safety protocols. No certificate of attendance will be issued.)
Tuition, Lodging, and Meals:
• $600 for all course attendees.
Mandatory equipment for each student to bring to class:
- Bolt action or semi-auto rifle
- Minimum of .308 caliber
- Trigger pull of no less than 3 lbs.
- Capable of firing a 4 shot group measuring 1” or less at 100 yards
- Scope with finger adjustable turrets for windage and elevation.
- Elevation and hold overs out to 200 yards
- Bi-pod or pack for support
- 500 rounds of match grade ammunition (reloads are not acceptable)
- Pad or ground cover to insulate the shooter from the ground.
- Rear bag or rest for supporting the rifle
- Hearing and eye protection
- Rifle cleaning supplies including a single piece cleaning rod
- Gas mask
- Water bottle or pack for in-field hydration
- Pack for field-craft exercises
- Hide making material
- Deployment uniform to include…
- Weather appropriate clothing for outdoor tactical training
- Law enforcement identification
Cancellation / No Show:
- Questions regarding the course may be directed to Lt. Mike Bertucci at (253) 835-6765 or by email at
***Is this class full or not available???? Please complete the Course Interest Survey. Please Note: This is not a waiting list. You will not be contacted by WSCJTC unless there is enough interest to generate a class being scheduled. At that time we will contact everyone that has shown interest so that applications can be submitted.
How To Apply:
Online Registration-LMS (Only agency authorized personnel can access this tool. Contact your Training Manager on your local procedures).
LMS Help Desk |
Sacheie Coaxum |
Course, Program or Policy Questions:
Mike O’Neill |