This 50-hour course provides the active law enforcement sniper with an opportunity to enhance their marksmanship, field craft and observation skills as well as review use of force standards Students will gain experience through:
- Scenario based training
- Observation exercises
- Deployment exercises
- Managing intermediate barriers
Students will also gain experience establishing and shooting from concealed position in both open country and urban environments. During this course students will participate in several mission deployment exercises designed to test and evaluate their skills. Portions of these exercises will be scored and points awarded bases on individual performance. Students must achieve a minimum score of 80% of the total points possible.
- Mission equipment consistent with deployments as Sniper/Observer.
- Bolt or Semi-Action Rifle - minimum 308 caliber - trigger pull of no less than 3lbs. Rifle must be capable of firing 1” groups at 100 yds.
- Scope must have sufficient elevation "come-up" to engage 600 yard targets.
- 300 rounds of match grade or duty rifle ammunition.
- 50 rounds barrier ammunition (mandatory)
- Appropriate camouflage clothing & equipment for mission deployment exercises in both open country and urban environments.
- Rain Gear.
- APR (Gas Mask)
- Lunches for all five days (Will be taking lunch in the field)
100% attendance is required. Several exercises involving Field Craft, Marksmanship & Observation will be scored and points awarded based on individual performance. Students must achieve a minimum score of 80% of the total points possible. Certificates of completion will be awarded to those attendees who successfully complete the course in its entirety.
Prerequisite: Sniper Basic #0531 or by permission by the Program Manager, Mike O'Neill at
Dress Code & Identification:
- Uniforms, agency logo clothing or business casual attire is appropriate for classroom wear.
- Visible Agency official ID is recommended (badges / agency IDs) while on campus.
Cost: $500 for Criminal Justice Personnel.