This class is 40 hours in length. Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Utilize verbal techniques to defuse a hostage situation
- Recognize verbal and non-verbal behavior in the hostage taker and tactics for responses and behaviors
- Demonstrate negotiation and bartering skills to effect a release in an exercise
Prerequisite: Current employment in the criminal justice field. This course is limited to hostage negotiators or those designated as members of a hostage negotiation team only.
Dress Code & Identification:
Visitors attending training at WSCJTC are encouraged to wear their agency logo shirt/uniform or agency ID badge while on campus. If you are not wearing agency identification, you will be asked to check in at the front desk and will be provided with a clip-on visitor's identification card.
- Deadline: If, for any reason, it becomes necessary to cancel the application, you must notify the Registrar via email
7 Days prior to class.
- Fee: $100 for Late Cancellation or No Show.
- 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Dates and locations listed below
***Is this class full or not available???? Please complete the Course Interest Survey. Please Note: This is not a waiting list. You will not be contacted by WSCJTC unless there is enough interest to generate a class being scheduled. At that time we will contact everyone that has shown interest so that applications can be submitted.
How To Apply:
Online Registration-LMS (Only agency authorized personnel can access this tool. Contact your Training Manager on your local procedures).
Questions: Contact LMS Help Desk |
Course, Program or Policy Questions:
Rex Caldwell |
Revised Feb 2016
||Start & End Date
||May 23 -27, 2016
||Kirkland Police Department
11750 NE 118th St, Kirkland
|Open / $100