This class is 40 hours in length and is intended as a basic, fundamental course on homicide investigation. Course content includes:
- Elements of basic homicide investigation
- A murder investigation mode
- Murder scene analysis
- Crime lab resources
- Id procedures and wound recognition
- Laws of homicide
- Child abuse murder investigations
- Crime scene assessment
- Interviewing murderers
- Case reviews and analysis
Prerequisite: Currently designated by agency as major crimes detective/investigator.
Dress Code & Identification:
- Visitors attending training at WSCJTC are encouraged to wear their agency logo shirt/uniform or agency ID badge while on campus. If you are not wearing agency identification, you will be asked to check in at the front desk and will be provided with a clip-on visitor's identification card.
- Deadline: If, for any reason, it becomes necessary to cancel the application, you must notify the Registrar via email
7 Days prior to class.
- Fee: $50 or course fee, whichever is greater.
- 7:00 am-5:00 pm (4-10's)
- Dates and locations listed below
***Is this class full or not available???? Please complete the Course Interest Survey. Please Note: This is not a waiting list. You will not be contacted by WSCJTC unless there is enough interest to generate a class being scheduled. At that time we will contact everyone that has shown interest so that applications can be submitted.