This class is 40 hours in length and is intended as a basic, fundamental course on homicide investigation. Course content includes:
- Elements of basic homicide investigation
- A murder investigation mode
- Murder scene analysis
- Crime lab resources
- Id procedures and wound recognition
- Laws of homicide
- Child abuse murder investigations
- Crime scene assessment
- Interviewing murderers
- Case reviews and analysis
Prerequisite: Currently designated by agency as major crimes detective/investigator.
Dress Code & Identification:
- Uniforms, agency logo clothing or business casual attire is appropriate for classroom wear.
- Visible Agency official ID is recommended (badges / agency IDs) while on campus.
- Deadline: If, for any reason, it becomes necessary to cancel the application, you must notify the Registrar via email
7 Days prior to class.
- Fee: $50 or course fee, whichever is greater.
- 7:00 am-5:00 pm (4-10's)
- Dates and locations listed below
***Is this class full or not available???? Please complete the Course Interest Survey. Please Note: This is not a waiting list. You will not be contacted by WSCJTC unless there is enough interest to generate a class being scheduled. At that time we will contact everyone that has shown interest so that applications can be submitted.
WSCJTC Application Form (Word)
WSCJTC Application Form (PDF)
(The free Adobe Acrobat Reader is required for the PDF version)