This class is 40 hours in length. Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Process the indoor and outdoor crime scene with the use of photography
- Trace evidence collection and cast impressions
- Recognize and identify evidence at a crime scene
- Properly store collected evidence for later use by the court and/or crime lab
- Current employment in the criminal justice field. This course limited to officers, investigators, detectives, and evidence personnel who respond to and process crime scenes.
Dress Code & Identification:
- Uniforms, agency logo clothing or business casual attire is appropriate for classroom wear.
- Visible Agency official ID is recommended (badges / agency IDs) while on campus
- Students must have knowledge on how to operate and work their cameras
- Students must bring a large note pad to map crime scene diagrams
- 8:00 am-5:00 pm
- Dates and locations below
***Is this class full or not available???? Please complete the Course Interest Survey. Please Note: This is not a waiting list. You will not be contacted by WSCJTC unless there is enough interest to generate a class being scheduled. At that time we will contact everyone that has shown interest so that applications can be submitted.
WSCJTC Application Form (Word)