Upon successful completion, participants will be able to:
- Understand advanced vehicle accident concepts of pre and post-accident vehicle speeds and paths
- Vehicle conditions related to accidents
- Demonstrate use of appropriate formula applied to specific accident situations
- Traffic Template and Scientific Calculator (these were given in Basic Collision
- Notepad or small bound notebook for math work, pens, and pencils
- Pad of large size drawing paper (recommended 24 x 26 minimum)
- Large drawing triangles (30-60-90 degree and 45-45-90 degree) recommended 12" triangles
- Mechanical drafting pencil with replaceable lead
- Colored and Drawing pencils
- Drawing compass
- 360-degree protractors
- 100 and 300 foot measuring tapes
- Flex curve (optional)
- Drafting dividers (optional)
- Outdoor clothing for outside exercises
- One year experience following successful completion of Collision Investigation Basic Course #0201.
- There is a pre-requisite of one year experience at the advanced level prior to attending technical training.
Dress Code & Identification:
- Uniforms, agency logo clothing or business casual attire is appropriate for classroom wear.
- Visitors attending training at WSCJTC are encouraged to wear their agency logo shirt/uniform or agency ID badge while on campus. If you are not wearing agency identification, you will be asked to check in at the front desk and will be provided with a clip-on visitor's identification card.
- Deadline: If, for any reason, it becomes necessary to cancel the application, you must notify the Registrar via email
seven days prior to class.
- Fee: $100 for No Shows or Late cancellation.
- Hours Vary
- Monday thru Friday
- Dates and location listed below
Is this class full or not available? Please complete the Course Interest Survey. Please Note: This is not a waiting list. You will not be contacted by WSCJTC unless there is enough interest to generate a class being scheduled. At that time we will contact everyone that has shown interest so that applications can be submitted.