This class is 40 hours in length. Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Recognize and collect at-scene accident evidence such as tire marks, vehicle damage, roadway condition and vehicle and driver condition
- Accurately complete the standardized Accident Investigation Report
- Understand the most effective interviewing techniques for drivers, occupants and witnesses
- Organize and prepare for court use the evidence collected from the accident scene
- Accident templates – Northwestern University Center for Public Safety
Prerequisite: Currently employed as a law enforcement officer
Dress Code & Identification:
- Uniforms, agency logo clothing or business casual attire is appropriate for classroom wear.
- Visitors attending training at WSCJTC are encouraged to wear their agency logo shirt/uniform or agency ID badge while on campus. If you are not wearing agency identification, you will be asked to check in at the front desk and will be provided with a clip-on visitor's identification card.
- Deadline: 7 days prior to class. Send an email to
- Fee: $100 No Show or Late cancellation.
- Hours Vary
- Monday thru Friday
- Dates and location listed below
***Is this class full or not available???? Please complete the Course Interest Survey. Please Note: This is not a waiting list. You will not be contacted by WSCJTC unless there is enough interest to generate a class being scheduled. At that time we will contact everyone that has shown interest so that applications can be submitted.
Online Registration-LMS - Please contact your Training Manager to get registered online via LMS for this course.
|Registration status does not guarantee acceptance into the class. Selections will be completed four weeks prior to the class, and you will receive a notice at that time.
|Registration or Course Questions:
Interested in hosting a course or teaching? Contact the Program Manager
| Cell 509-590-5545
Revised Dec 2017